Thursday, January 5, 2012

Controversial Blog Post?

I love controversy.  Not because I'm antagonistic, but because it raises questions and debate over issues that we otherwise feel nothing towards.  Good art is often controversial.  And I don't care if the name of this blog connotes a feeling of negativity...if you look closely it really isn't about the negative stuff.  But I digress.  I design for a clothing company which I also write some blog posts.  Today I had to pull this post off because it had a negative comment on our FB fan page.  Here's the comment:

Jason Hames: I like your products and thought about purchasing some, but after reading this I have changed my mind. I will be removing your company from my FB feed.

So Jason, what were you so offended by?  I'm curious to know.  But since this blog post is being removed from all memory, I may never know.  What do you think about my post?:

"A few weeks ago, the LAPD disbanded the Occupy LA peaceful protesters from the City Hall grounds in downtown LA.  I live a few blocks away from city hall and was able to take some of these photos when they were camped out for several weeks straight.  The area was highly monitored by police, but overall it was a peaceful and non-violent protest and anyone was able to walk through the grounds, speak with the protesters, and attend meetings held nightly.
The main theme behind Occupy is shedding light on the fact that the top 1% of the richest people in the US own about 40% of our wealth.  The protesters were speaking on behalf of the other 99%.
Was there an Occupy movement going on in your city/town?  If so, how did you feel about the message?  Do you feel this movement speaks to you and your generation?"





2 comments:

Tell me what's on your mind? Do keep it friendly.